New Year...New Beginnings
Guess what? I believe big things are in store…new things…better things! Why?
Because not only is it a new year, it is a new year represented by a new beginning – a new order.
- 8 is the number of Jesus, whose name in Greek adds up to 888.
- Jesus shed blood 8 times (Garden of Gethsemane, beaten with fists by the high priests, his beard was plucked, crown of thorns placed on his head, back ripped open by flogging, hands nailed to the cross, feet nailed to the cross and his side was pierced with a sword).
- Jesus’ resurrection occurred on the 8th day (Nisan 17) (He was crucified on Nisan 14). This resurrection provides every person who believes in Him the opportunity to be born again and become a new creation.
- Jesus appeared 8 times after his resurrection.
- Jewish boys were circumcised on the 8th day.
- The most joyous Feast period of the year is 8 days…7 days of the Feast of the Tabernacles with the last day, the 8th day, known as the Last Great Day.
- God saved 8 people on the ark.
But that day, that powerful day, was the beginning of a new order for me. I became a completely new person that day (2 Corinthians 5:17, “ This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun.”). I was filled with the Holy Spirit that day and have never been the same. I love even more that the day of my conversion, 8/8/8, represents the same numbers of the name of Jesus!
The number 7 represents spiritual completeness or the Father’s perfection (2+0+1+4=7). We will never understand the Father’s ways because God’s Word tells us that “His ways are higher than our ways” (Isaiah 55:9) so we do not completely know what He is up to. But perhaps, just perhaps, His spiritual cleansing is bringing the Church to a much more heightened awareness that we need Him more than ever.
May our prayer for 2015 be that “His Kingdom come.” May God create a new order this year, a godly order, never before seen in history. May we continue to live under the open heaven as God shifts this world from evil to good. May His new order be that which takes hold this year….and may it be Jesus that appears at the forefront.
Believers, pray earnestly for new beginnings this year. Open your hearts, your eyes and your ears to all things born of God. He hears our prayers and wants His creation to return to Him with repentant hearts. May it start with each one of us today on this first day of the New Year.
Great insight Erin! Gives us all many points to think about. I was feeling restless earlier today about many new starts for me and my family in 2015 and the Lord spoke to me "Stay close - follow me." I am excited abouut what the Lord will bring in 2015! Hope to see you soon.